This hummus is extremely easy and goes well with everything – vegetable sticks, pita, pretzel crackers, or in sandwich wraps. I always have a jar of minced garlic in the fridge for when I get cravings for snacks like this. This recipe makes about 3-4 cups of hummus, so cut it in half if you don’t want leftovers.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley or dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 14 grinds from a pepper mill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Paprika for garnish
Put all of the ingredients (minus the paprika) in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency. Add a little extra olive oil if the hummus seems too thick and stir with a wooden spoon if needed. Top with a sprinkle of paprika before serving.