I’ve been making this guacamole recipe for years, and it is delicious!
- 5 avocados
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced small
- 1 large tomato, seeds and juice removed and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp salt
Mash avocados until desired consistency (I like mine pretty chunky). Stir in onion, tomato and cilantro. Season with the lemon and lime juices and add salt. Mix well.
This hummus is extremely easy and goes well with everything – vegetable sticks, pita, pretzel crackers, or in sandwich wraps. I always have a jar of minced garlic in the fridge for when I get cravings for snacks like this. This recipe makes about 3-4 cups of hummus, so cut it in half if you don’t want leftovers.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley or dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 14 grinds from a pepper mill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Paprika for garnish
Put all of the ingredients (minus the paprika) in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency. Add a little extra olive oil if the hummus seems too thick and stir with a wooden spoon if needed. Top with a sprinkle of paprika before serving.